Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Twitter

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow

WELCOME

Welcome to my Christmas blog. If you arrived here from my other blog, Gracenotes For Today then you already know all about my love for cardmaking, home dec items, sewing projects and graphic design.

This site will host anything with a Christmas theme, either NEW or that was previously on the Gracenotes For Today site. Also, to the above list, I will include some of my poems that are perfect for use with cardmaking.

I'm so happy you decided to drop by. Please feel free to comment on anything you see here that inspires you.

~ Grace

Don't Miss the Others

The "Popular Posts" list below is automatically generated by the number of visits these postings receive.

To see more cards, check out Cards by Type or Cards by Cartridge Used in the right sidebar.
Powered by Blogger.

Grace Notes

Grace Notes
Visit My Regular Site
November 20, 2010

Double Slider Gingerbread House

Who doesn't love a gingerbread house at Christmas time? This little guy, when closed, measures 5-1/2" x 3-1/2".

For this type of card I think it's best to use coordinating papers.

About the Gingerbread House

I didn't have exactly the right shade of CS so I used white and sponged it with Tea Distress Ink.  I like the finish of how it turned out... actually looks like a gingerbread cookie!

The gumdrops are painted with MS glitter pen. Rooftop and walls are "iced" with snow and then sprinkled over with a light dusting of sparkle.

Here's a picture of the card extended.
The white background is embossed in Swiss dot.

For the Merry Christmas sentiment, I cut the letters at size 2 on shadow. With white gel pen I wrote the the center of the letters to make them more dimensional.

For instructions on how to make a double-slider card, Christmas with the Cricut has an excellent video,  HERE.

Cartridges Used
Stretch Your Imagination - gingerbread house
Joys of the Season - Merry Christmas


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because of abuse spamming, comments are now being moderated. Legitimate comments will appear after validation. I still love hearing from you!

FUN MAIL!

Who doesn't love getting fun and free items in their mailbox? Follow me by Email and you'll receive notice of each new posting as soon as it happens! Enter your email address in the box below.

About Me

Faithful Followers