Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Twitter

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow

WELCOME

Welcome to my Christmas blog. If you arrived here from my other blog, Gracenotes For Today then you already know all about my love for cardmaking, home dec items, sewing projects and graphic design.

This site will host anything with a Christmas theme, either NEW or that was previously on the Gracenotes For Today site. Also, to the above list, I will include some of my poems that are perfect for use with cardmaking.

I'm so happy you decided to drop by. Please feel free to comment on anything you see here that inspires you.

~ Grace

Don't Miss the Others

The "Popular Posts" list below is automatically generated by the number of visits these postings receive.

To see more cards, check out Cards by Type or Cards by Cartridge Used in the right sidebar.
Powered by Blogger.

Grace Notes

Grace Notes
Visit My Regular Site
November 01, 2011

A Tag For Every Bag

Gold Stars

If you love the designer look of gift tags that match their bags, create your own using your Cricut and a little imagination. Last year, I bought some nice gift bags, but their tags were scimpy little squares of paper, so I made all new tags and cards.


First up... Gold Stars. This gift card allows plenty of room inside for your "To" and "From". I cut the card from white using Joys of the Season.

I then painted over the stars using MS gold glitter paint. I like the look of a frosty window, and I didn't want the writing inside to show through too easily. So, to make the cutouts less open I added a small piece of vellum behind the window.




On the inside, I punched a small hole for the gold cord. The finished gift card ended up looking far more elegant than I thought it would!








Penguin

I loved this bag with its penguin carolers. And I was so excited to find the perfect penguin for a matching tag on the Christmas Cheer cartridge.

I know this cartridge is an older one but it still has some terrific shapes on it. Actually, even though there have been many Christmas carts since this earlier one, Christmas Cheer can't be beat.

The size of the penguin is about 2-1/2.

His feet and beak are cut from white and painted with gold glitter paint.

The eyes of the penguin are actually cut out, so I decided to shadow the whole penguin in white. That way, I could add blue eyes (a small dot of blue MS glitter paint against the white).

This little guy sure made the happy recipient smile.

Fashion Boot

I picked up this gift bag especially for my daughter. She's a shoe lover. I didn't know what kind of tag I'd be able to find or make, at the time.

Several weeks later, I came across a pad of sticky notes that were the exact same boot design! It was one of those "meant to be" things.

I'm sorry I don't remember which cartridge I used for the "to" and "from" but there are many that have these cuts.


Closeup of tag.







Ornament

This bag uses very non-traditional colours so it was good that I was able to create a gift card that matched.

The blue is almost a baby blue. I started with a 6" x 3" piece of white cardstock, folded in half for a 3x3 card.





I cut a square of blue for the front.

The ornament is from Christmas Cheer cut at about 2-1/2".



For this one I decided to use an eyelet for the cord to go through. It looks a lot more polished than to just have an empty hole.

And to make the tag match with the others on the bag, I added some glitter around the ornament.

Gift

These little cards are so simple and quick to make. When I look through my cartridges I see endless possibilities in Christmas designs.

Many cartridges have various gifts. This one is from Christmas Cheer because it best matches the gifts on the bag.



I rounded off the corners using a punch. I think this one is from Creative Memories.

Once again the card size is 3"x3". I inked around the edges in red to mimic the other gifts.

A punched hole and piece of red cording finish it off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because of abuse spamming, comments are now being moderated. Legitimate comments will appear after validation. I still love hearing from you!

FUN MAIL!

Who doesn't love getting fun and free items in their mailbox? Follow me by Email and you'll receive notice of each new posting as soon as it happens! Enter your email address in the box below.

About Me

Faithful Followers